Blog Post #11 Reflection

1. After succesfully completing this blogging assignment, I realize that blogging really is its own unqiue genre. You have to mantain a respectful etiquette when writing and interacting on the internet, so this assignment served as a useful teaching tool for expressing your opinion and providing constructive criticism in a responsible manner.  It has been a really interesting and eye-opening experience to the world of blogging. I feel as if it is a really unique way to connect to your audience, and is very much personalized and tailored to your own tastes and interests. For this reason, I really have enjoyed this assignment. I particularly enjoyed being able to comment on other’s posts and see if we share any interests. Being able to write a post about literally anything you want and having complete freedom to express your opinion differs greatly from the majority of our other writing assignments in school.
  2. Throughout this blogging experience, I have come across some really intersting and memorable blog posts. One of the last posts that I read particularly stood out to me because of its interesting formatting. It was unlike other blog posts that I had read because it was a list of different things about the author. I think that this was such a unique idea that was both interesting and informative. I really enjoyed reading it because I was able to compare some of my likes and dislikes with the author’s preferences. Another memorable post that I read was called Snail Mail. It was all about how communication is constantly evolving and changing, especially with the help of technologies. I thought that it was a really interesting and well-explained Free Choice post. It made me realize the multiple effects, both positive and negative, that technology and social media has brought with it and how it influences and/or changes our society as a whole.
  3. As for my own writing, I am simply proud of the sheer amount of writing that I accomplished over the course of this assignment. As Mrs. Kervina explained, those who completed this assignment have written over 4,000 words. That seems like an incredible number to me, and I am really proud of it. I think that my writing has benefitted from this experience not only because of the increased amount of writing, but because of reading numerous other blog posts and being able to provide as well as recieved constructive criticism. Overall, I really enjoyed this assignment and I wish that we did more of this kind of ongoing assignment in other classes, as it allows you to write what you want to talk about. Because it was so interesting to do, it didn’t seem like too much of a chore.